The Blockchain Innovation Challenge
We want to make South Australia the blockchain capital of country!
Blockchain is an exciting technology that has an unparalleled potential to influence every industry. The South Australian Government recognises this potential and is working to create the right environment for blockchain enterprises to thrive.
South Australian entrepreneurs are invited to develop well-thought-out projects that use blockchain to improve operational efficiency, enable business model innovation, or influence how businesses, government and society interact.
Finalists will be invited to participate in an incubation program to refine their idea before pitching it at the ADC Global Blockchain Summit in March 2019. A prize pool of up to $100,000 will be awarded to winners to further develop their blockchain concepts.
12 Dec 2018
4 Feb 2019
Idea incubation workshops
18 Mar 2019
Pitch event + winners announced at the ADC Global Blockchain Summit
Who can take part?
South Australian individuals or groups who have an idea of how blockchain can be used to solve a problem are invited to take part in the Challenge.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 18 years or older (or have parent/guardian approval)
- Reside in South Australia (or willing to relocate)
- Hold or be willing to obtain an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Have approval to submit the project idea (when under the age of 18 or when submitting the idea on behalf of an organisation)
- Submit their project idea by midnight Monday 4 February 2019.
A prize pool of $100,000 is available.
All finalists will receive mentoring and support to help them develop, refine and pitch their project ideas.